2013 John Whitaker Award
The John Whitaker Award, created in memory of John Whitaker, former chairman of the AH&LA Allied Executive Committee, acknowledges an outstanding hotel supplier for their dedication to, and innovation within, the hospitality industry. This distinguished honor will be awarded during the AH&LA Legislative Action Summit (LAS), April 23-24, in Washington D.C.
In order to be considered for this honor, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Must be an AH&LA member and committee member.
• Must be employed as a supplier of products or services to the hospitality industry, with at least one year of full-time experience in one or more such positions.
• Must be a Certified Master Hotel Supplier (CMHS).
Those individuals determined to be eligible for the 2013 award are:
- Rajan Batra, CMHS, HD Supply
- Jordan Beckner, CMHS, Fiberbuilt Umbrellas
- Vail Brown, CMHS, STR
- Dennis Carpenter, CMHS, Heartland Payment Systems
- Dinesh Chandiramani, CMHS, Hyphen Construction
- Geoff Feingold, CMHS, HD Supply
- David Ginn, CMHS, Saflok
- Kerry Hirschy, CMHS, Saflok
- Maureen Kennedy, CMHS, Ste. Michelle Estates
- Jocelyn Lane, CMHS, Safemark Systems
- Bree Lewis, CMHS, HD Supply
- Douglas Peterson, CMHS, HD Supply
- John Sarrouf, CMHS, Saflok
- Richard Swift, CMHS, Lodgenet Interactive
- Richard Wolf, CMHS, HD Supply
- Chris Wurtzel, CMHS, Bunn-O-Matic
The nomination form for the award is available here, and the nomination deadline for this year's award is Wednesday, March 6. For more information, questions or comments regarding the John Whitaker Award, please contact Lauren Pravlik at (202) 289-3116.
About CMHS Certification
By requiring a Certified Master Hotel Supplier (CMHS) Certification for the John Whitaker Award honor, AH&LA wants its allied members to earn recognition for their professional accomplishments and proactively position themselves as industry leaders through this comprehensive certification. A CMHS designation means greater visibility in the hotel supply market, increased attention from clients, respect from peers, potential career advancement, and recognition as being in the top tier of lodging service and product providers.
Each allied member receives one complimentary certification application accompanying each new or renewed membership. Members may also purchase unlimited additional certifications for colleagues for $150. Previously $350 for members ($450 for nonmembers), this is a benefit worth exploring.
Learn how to become a Certified Master Hotel Supplier, the highest honor and mark of professional excellence for those supplying and serving the hospitality industry. More information is available in the certification section of AH&LA Educational Institute's Website.