AHLA is closely monitoring the COVID-19 crisis in the United States. We are engaging with government agencies to gather information and guidance regularly. As the association looks ahead to future events, the health and safety of our members is our top priority.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the White House is urging people to avoid social gatherings of more than 10 people. The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) had previously recommended that in-person events with 50 or more people be postponed or cancelled. The CDC has also warned vulnerable populations to avoid unnecessary travel at this time.
In order to adhere to guidelines set by the White House and the CDC, AHLA has made the following adjustments to our 2020 events calendar. Please see details below, and check back regularly for updates as we continue to monitor the circumstances and re-evaluate as necessary.
- The Forum: An AHLA Experience™: Previously scheduled for March 31 - April 1, 2020 - POSTPONED. Click here for more information.
- AHLA Hospitality Investment Roundtable Spring Meeting: Previously scheduled for April 27-28, 2020 - CANCELLED, meeting fees will be applied to the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 meetings. Click here for more information.
- AHLA Safety Summit: Previously scheduled for June 11, 2020 - POSTPONED. Click here for more information.
- ForWard: Women Advancing Hospitality: Previously scheduled for June 24-25, 2020 - POSTPONED, meeting fees will be applied to ForWard 2021. Click here for more information.
- AHLA Foundation Golf Classic: Previously scheduled for August 23-26, 2020 - POSTPONED. Click here for more information.
- AHLA/AAHOA Legislative Action Summit: Previously scheduled for September 16-17, 2020 - CANCELLED. Click here for more information.
We know this situation will dramatically affect your business and your employees for the foreseeable future, and we are hard at work helping our industry respond to this crisis. Our team has up-to-the-minute resources and information available here.
Information about future programs and events can be found on our calendar or by contacting Olivia Klipa, director, conventions and events.