Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor issues and potential regulations that will impact AHLA members
- Produce written content for internal newsletters and updates for external correspondence with Capitol Hill and Federal Agencies
- Update, manage, and create content for the GA web site page
- Conduct issue background research
- Attend congressional hearings and produce bill summaries
- Cover legislative issues as needed
- Manage and build master lists and event calendars
- Coordinate member and stakeholder events (including logistics and meeting planning for an annual industry wide event and issue specific fly-ins)
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field
- 1-2 years of experience on the Hill, at a Trade Association, or on a Corporate Government Relations Team
- Excellent project management skills required with great attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
- Demonstrated oral communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to convey information in a clear, concise way
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- Self-motivated and team oriented, with a positive, energetic and adaptable personality, with a go-getter attitude and an interest in politics.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter indicating desired salary, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.