Learn more about the most thorough economic impact analysis of the hotel and lodging industry ever conducted, revealing the contributions hotels make to advancing their employees, investing in the communities they call home, and serving America's travelers.
Currently, access to the full Oxford Economics Study is available to our members only. If you are a member, the full study is available on the Research and Reports webpage.
Click below to view infographics that highlight some of the study's key findings.
- Hotels support 8 million jobs.
- Hotels support $1.1 trillion in sales, including hotel revenue, guest spending and taxes.
- Hotels contribute nearly $600 billion to the U.S. economy.
- Hotels generate nearly $170 billion in federal, state and local taxes.
- Guests spend nearly $500 billion at hotels and local businesses.
- More than one billion guests stay in American hotels every year.
- Three out of every five hotels are small businesses.