The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability and requires that commercial facilities open to the public, including lodging properties, allow individuals with disabilities to participate equally in the goods and services they offer.
While various sections of the ADA deal with employment, public services and telecommunications, Title III mandates:
- Modifications in policies, practices, and procedures
- Provision of auxiliary aids and services
- Provision of accessible transportation when transportation services are offered
- Removal of architectural and communication barriers.
- 2012 ADA Guide for Lodging Owners and Operators (PDF)
- 5 Tips to Make Holiday Gatherings More Accessible (PDF)
- Analysis of DOJ Guidance Documents (May 24, 2012) (PDF)
- Pool Lift Signage for Hotel Properties