The hotel and lodging industry is a critical component of the local economies of cities across the nation. Hotels are catalysts for increased revenue, opportunity and wages for employees and commercial growth to area business large and small. Offering career opportunities for a wide variety of people at different levels, hotels employ many entry level positions and provide internal upward mobility for their employees.Download Report
- Hotel and lodging businesses are mainstays of their communities, and an important source of quality jobs.
- Seventy percent of mayors surveyed said hotel jobs provide the most opportunity, good benefits and wages within the tourism industry.
- Hotels support their communities through increased tax revenue, capital investment, tourism-related development and promotion, civic leadership, and charitable contributions and sponsorship.
- Hotels benefit the communities in which they operate, with nine out of 10 mayors saying they believe their community would benefit from additional hotels, inns or bed and breakfasts.
- One-fifth of all mayors surveyed say tourism and hospitality is the largest sector of their economy – second only to healthcare as a top industry.
Members only resource offering high level bullet points on the key issues affecting our industry today.Members Only
Dreams Happen Here
Dreams Happens Here is a national awareness campaign to showcase the career advancement opportunities, community commitment, and economic importance of hotel and lodging businesses to every city and state across America.Learn More