American Express Launches 2021 Global Travel Trends Report
The Global Trends Report provides unique insight into consumer sentiment toward travel nearly one year after the COVID-19 pandemic began. The findings in the report, grounded in survey research across seven countries, including the United States, Australia, India, Canada, Mexico, Japan and the United Kingdom, demonstrates that consumers are looking forward to traveling again and that they are planning for future trips.
Top insights include:
- Strong Pent-Up Demand for Travel: 87% of people surveyed said that having a trip planned in the future gives them something to look forward to, 76% of respondents are creating their destination wish list for future travel even though they might not be able to travel yet and 63% of respondents said that they are saving their credit card points so they can go on a vacation once they feel comfortable traveling.
- Ready to Book Now: 56% of respondents said that they miss traveling so much that they are willing to book a trip now even if they might have to cancel it in the future.
- Rise of The Digital Nomad: 54% of respondents said that the freedom and flexibility of being able to live and work while traveling the globe is more appealing now than it was prior to the pandemic.
- Safety is a Priority: 65% of respondents said they plan to travel after they and their family members have received a vaccine for COVID-19.
- Privacy is the New Ultimate Luxury: 75% of respondents agree that the experiences that offer ultimate privacy is becoming a key sought-after feature of luxury travel.
- Increase in Sustainable Travel: 68% of respondents agree they are trying to be more aware of sustainability-friendly travel brands to support.
A Guide to Navigating COVID-19
American Express is pleased to introduce Business Class, a modern business education. In light of COVID-19, we’re providing essential know-how to help businesses adapt to the current environment. Curating educational resources and curriculum catered to the needs of Small Business Owners (SBO). Visit the Business Class site for the latest advice, insights, and sign up for their newsletter.
Newsletter: The Business Class Daily Edit is the first of its kind to aggregate SBO specific resources and external news most relevant to small business owners, the essential insights to help manage the current environment.
Check out the resource hub for featured content, including:
- 4 Things To Do Before Reopening Your Business
- How to Plan for Your Employees Return to the Office
- Updating Spending Policies from Home
- How to Support Employees Sick with COVID
American Express - COVID-19 Resources
- American Express' Commitment
- A Guide to Navigating COVID-19
- Contactless Payments
- Merchant Insights Hub - webinars, videos, articles and more to help manage and grow your business
- Merchant Policy Changes - English & Spanish
- Optional Signature at Checkout
- On Demand Webinar: Managing Disputes in the Hospitality Industry
- Managing Your Disputes Online Guide
- How to Manage & Help Prevent Disputes
- Disputes - Lodging 2020
American Express makes it easy, safe and rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, they help their customers realize their dreams and aspirations through benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care.Learn more
Enhancing Your American Express Experience
You can use this guide to help find all the information you need about new and ongoing servicing with American Express.Learn More
EU/EEA Regulation Guidelines
New EU/EEA regulation go into effect on September 14, 2019 which impacts all EU/EEA merchants accepting Card Payments, regardless of Card schemes. Are you prepared?
Please review the following helpful information and take the necessary actions to ensure you can continue to accept American Express Card Payments.