Hotels Are United On Safe Stay
Safe Stay® is an industry-wide initiative focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by COVID-19.
Support for the Safe Stay initiative continues to grow with endorsements coming from leading scientists, physicians and public health experts in epidemiology and infectious disease.
AHLA launches Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Information Website
This new resource features the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and leading health organizations to help hotels maximize participation in the vaccination process.
© 2020 AHLA. All right reserved.
SAFE STAY GUIDELINES
The Safe Stay Guidelines were created by an advisory council comprised of leaders from all segments of the hotel industry in accordance with CDC best practices.
- October 28, 2020: SUPPORT GROWS FOR HOTEL INDUSTRY’S SAFE STAY; FORMER CDC, WHO OFFICIAL, & INFECTIOUS DISEASES SOCIETY OF AMERICA ENDORSE GUIDELINES
- August 26, 2020: SURVEY: FREQUENT TRAVELERS CITE PRIORITIES FOR HOTEL STAYS
- July 16, 2020: HOTEL INDUSTRY RELEASES TOP 5 REQUIREMENTS TO TRAVEL SAFELY
- July 6, 2020: HOTEL INDUSTRY LAUNCHES TRAINING COURSE TO ADVANCE SAFE STAY GUIDELINES
- May 21, 2020: HOTEL INDUSTRY ACROSS U.S. & CANADA UNITE AROUND ENHANCED SAFETY, CLEANING STANDARDS
- May 4, 2020: AHLA RELEASES INDUSTRY-WIDE HOTEL CLEANING STANDARDS THROUGH “SAFE STAY” INITIATIVE
Resources for AHLA members who endorse and have implemented the guidelines at their properties which includes:
- Signage/decals to display in the front and back of the house
- Cleaning checklists for staff
- Logos to post online and display your endorsement
- and More.
SAFE STAY SPONSORS
We are proud to have the support of Safe Stay Sponsors who have joined AHLA and hotel properties across the country working to ensure all guests and employees have a Safe Stay.Learn More (Members Only)
Train hotel staff on enhanced safety and cleanliness guidelines with COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels, a new online course developed by AHLEI and created in consultation with the AHLA’s Safe Stay Advisory Council.
- For all levels of employees
- Offered in English and Spanish
- Short, easy, affordable: 15 mins
- Certificate of completion awarded
- Available to host on internal LMS
BACK TO BUSINESS CENTER
As the industry looks for guidance on reopening properties, AHLA has collected a variety of leading resources from industry experts including AHLA Premier Partners, Allied Plus and Allied Members.ACCESS