Representing the most thorough economic impact analysis of the hotel and lodging industry to date, this new, comprehensive analysis of the industry was conducted by Oxford Economics and is based primarily on data from federal agencies and from leading providers of travel and hotel industry data, STR and Longwoods International. The data reveals that the industry is a driver of economic growth, supports millions of jobs, spurs community development, and provides guests and consumers with unrivaled experiences and satisfaction.Download Report
- Hotels support 8 million jobs.
- Hotels support $1.1 trillion in sales, including hotel revenue, guest spending and taxes.
- Hotels contribute nearly $600 billion to the U.S. economy.
- Hotels generate nearly $170 billion in federal, state and local taxes.
- Guests spend nearly $500 billion at hotels and local businesses.
- More than one billion guests stay in American hotels every year.
- Three out of every five hotels are small businesses.
Members only resource offering high level bullet points on the key issues affecting our industry today.Learn More