- The $3 Trillion Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act passed the House of Representatives. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is not expected to consider the in its current form.
- AHLA and over 150 national and state organizations sent a letter to Congress supporting efforts to create a targeted and limited safe harbor from liability for companies related to the transmission of COVID-19.
- Congress voted overwhelmingly to pass an additional $484 billion in funding to replenish the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and provide additional assistance to the Small Business administration and hospitals. Read AHLA's Bill Summary
- Summaries of the three bills along with an in-depth summary document of the CARES Act are available below:
AHLA will continue to work with Congress and the Administration to ensure the hotel industry is represented and supported in any of the future legislation surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic and recovery efforts.
State and Local
- The SBA, in consultation with Treasury, has released the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application. The SBA will also issue further regulations and guidance for borrowers, as well as for lender responsibility.
- The DOL issued additional guidance regarding eligibility of furloughed employees to receive regular unemployment or enhanced pandemic unemployment assistance (PUA) once their employer reopens for business and offers to rehire the employee.
- In response to mounting pressure from Congress, the IRS has released additional guidance regarding the employer eligibility for the ERC.
- The Federal Reserve gave an update on its monetary policy efforts and provided additional details on the Main Street Lending Facility.
- The Department of Labor issued guidance under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) for participants affected by COVID-19.
- Treasury updated its recently revised guidance into the SBA Paycheck Protection Program.
- CMBS Loan Update: AHLA, in partnership with AAHOA, submitted formal comments with over 2,400 individual signatures to the Treasury and Federal Reserve regarding our significant concerns with the CMBS market.
- Treasury released an interim final rule on Paycheck Protection Program related to additional eligibility criteria and requirements for Certain Pledges of Loans.
- The Federal Reserve announced specifics on the various lending facilities it is establishing.
- DOL released guidance on the enhanced UI provisions within the CARES Act and additional guidance to implement the new Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation program (FPUC).
- Treasury announced an interim final rule on the SBA Paycheck Protection Program.
- DOL announced a temporary rule to provide further guidance on the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, both part of the FFCRA.