As part of the CARES Act, the Small Business Administration is providing financial assistance through two main programs listed below.
Program 1: Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Program 2: Paycheck Protection Program
Program 3: Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RFF)
PPP Vs. EIDL Loans
(video created by AHLA Allied Member: Live Oak Bank)
ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOANS
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The SBA announced that the deadline to apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program for the COVID-19 Pandemic disaster declaration is extended to December 21, 2021.
Increased funding for the disaster loan program was included in the CARES Act and is now available.
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM (PPP)
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Small Business Administration (SBA) has released several interim final rules related to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the second draw of PPP loans as outlined in the recently passed Economic Aid Act. This rulemaking provides details on the reactivation of PPP as well as the rollout of second draw loans for eligible businesses.
Second draw PPP loans are available to businesses that can demonstrate a 25% loss in revenue compared to last year. This may be calculated by comparing the borrower’s quarterly gross receipts for one calendar quarter in 2020 with the corresponding quarter in 2019.
Both the maximum loan amount and the payroll amount calculation used to size the loan have changed.
- Hotels are now eligible to receive up to 3.5x their monthly payroll costs, up to $2,000,000, as the maximum of the loan, up from 2.5x in the CARES Act and compared to other businesses.
- Payroll for second draw PPP loans is calculated using either the 12-month period prior to the loan being made or the calendar year 2019.
- Businesses that are part of a single corporate group are limited to a maximum of $4,000,000 in aggregate second draw PPP loans. This applies to businesses that are eligible for the affiliation waiver and per-location employee test.
OTHER SBA LOAN RESOURCES
- COVID-19 Member FAQs
- COVID-19 Legislative/Regulatory Updates
- Summary of the SBA Provisions in the CARES Act
- Small Business Loan Guide
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance > The Three-Step Process.pdf
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- How to Apply for An SBA Loan
- Small Business Administration Relief Updates by State
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program vs. EIDL Flow Chart
- SBA/AHLA Webinar (3/26/20): Watch Online
- Upcoming SBA Webinars: Schedule